Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by JenGen <je...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/20 17:21:46 UTC

What is the rule HK_LOTTO ?

My email has received a spam score of 2.8 for the rule HK_LOTTO. I have never
seen this before, and I am unable to find the description anywhere online. I
saw this rating in my mailing manager's admin (they use SpamAssassin spam
ratings).

Thank you.

Re: What is the rule HK_LOTTO ?

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
On 2011-07-20 17:32, Chris Stone wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 9:21 AM, JenGen<je...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> My email has received a spam score of 2.8 for the rule HK_LOTTO. I have
>> never seen this before, and I am unable to find the description anywhere
>> online. I saw this rating in my mailing manager's admin (they use
>> SpamAssassin spam ratings). Thank you.
>
> It's from a 3rd party ruleset.
>
> [root@smtp1 ~]# grep -l HK_LOTTO /etc/mail/spamassassin/*
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/HK.cf
>
> [root@smtp1 ~]# grep HK_LOTTO /etc/mail/spamassassin/HK.cf
> body HK_LOTTO /(?:(?:(?:inter)?national|foundation|mercato|univers|euro
> million|e-?mail|euro-pw|bill gates) ?lo(?:tto|ttery|terie)|coca.?cola
> games|mega jackpot|staatsloterij|ukonline game promo|loto
> prestige|(?:fran.aise|e-?mail) sweepstakes|loterie
> (?:internationale|cristal|am.ricaine|coca.?cola|euromillions)|(?:computer|internet)
> ballot|foundation internationale billgateslottery
> award|(?:promotional|online) draws?|lottery
> (?:fiduciary|department))/i
> describe HK_LOTTO Lottery or games mentioned
> score HK_LOTTO 4
> header HK_LOTTO_SUBJECT Subject =~ /\blot(?:eri[ej]|t(?:ery|o))\b/i
> score HK_LOTTO_SUBJECT 4
> header HK_LOTTO_NAME From =~ /(?:lot(?:eri[ej]|t(?:ery|o))|award|winner).*@/i
> score HK_LOTTO_NAME 2
>
> See more information about that ruleset on it's home page at http://sa.hege.li/

FWIW: It's also part of SA (delivered by sa-update)

Re: What is the rule HK_LOTTO ?

Posted by Chris Stone <ax...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 9:21 AM, JenGen <je...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My email has received a spam score of 2.8 for the rule HK_LOTTO. I have
> never seen this before, and I am unable to find the description anywhere
> online. I saw this rating in my mailing manager's admin (they use
> SpamAssassin spam ratings). Thank you.

It's from a 3rd party ruleset.

[root@smtp1 ~]# grep -l HK_LOTTO /etc/mail/spamassassin/*
/etc/mail/spamassassin/HK.cf

[root@smtp1 ~]# grep HK_LOTTO /etc/mail/spamassassin/HK.cf
body HK_LOTTO /(?:(?:(?:inter)?national|foundation|mercato|univers|euro
million|e-?mail|euro-pw|bill gates) ?lo(?:tto|ttery|terie)|coca.?cola
games|mega jackpot|staatsloterij|ukonline game promo|loto
prestige|(?:fran.aise|e-?mail) sweepstakes|loterie
(?:internationale|cristal|am.ricaine|coca.?cola|euromillions)|(?:computer|internet)
ballot|foundation internationale billgateslottery
award|(?:promotional|online) draws?|lottery
(?:fiduciary|department))/i
describe HK_LOTTO Lottery or games mentioned
score HK_LOTTO 4
header HK_LOTTO_SUBJECT Subject =~ /\blot(?:eri[ej]|t(?:ery|o))\b/i
score HK_LOTTO_SUBJECT 4
header HK_LOTTO_NAME From =~ /(?:lot(?:eri[ej]|t(?:ery|o))|award|winner).*@/i
score HK_LOTTO_NAME 2

See more information about that ruleset on it's home page at http://sa.hege.li/

Chris

Re: What is the rule HK_LOTTO ?

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.
On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 17:28:37 +0200, Axb wrote:

> http://ruleqa.spamassassin.org/20110719-r1148238-n/HK_LOTTO/detail
>
> If it's a potential false positive pls post the sample message in
> pastebin.com and send us the link so we can check why it's hitting.

since the rule is known, we dont know why it hitting ? :-)

it would be worse if it scored 500

Re: What is the rule HK_LOTTO ?

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
On 2011-07-20 17:21, JenGen wrote:

> My email has received a spam score of 2.8 for the rule HK_LOTTO. I have never
> seen this before, and I am unable to find the description anywhere online. I
> saw this rating in my mailing manager's admin (they use SpamAssassin spam
> ratings).
>
> Thank you.

You'll find the rule on