Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Francisco Andrade <ki...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/08 15:45:55 UTC

Datastax agent - Connection issue

Hi there,

Im having some trouble here trying to execute the datastax agent on my
cassandra nodes on ubuntu 14.04.
I have a cassandra 2.0.15 cluster running on docker containers , so i guess
my main problem must be related to the container port exposure.

The cluster is ok. The nodetool status show all the nodes UN.
My opscenter server have some access to the nodes, because the panel
identifies the cluster name and the node quantity is also showing ok, but
the opscenter keep showing the box "Agent status" with the message "The
DataStax Agent must be connected and running on each node in order for
OpsCenter functionality to work properly."

Looking into the agent.log on each instance i notice the following error:

>   INFO [StompConnection receiver] 2015-07-08 13:27:39,738 New JMX
> connection (127.0.0.1:7199)
>  ERROR [StompConnection receiver] 2015-07-08 13:27:39,742 Error connecting
> via JMX: java.io.IOException: Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub:
> javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root e
> xception is java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection
> establishment; nested exception is:
>         java.net.SocketException: Connection reset]
>   INFO [StompConnection receiver] 2015-07-08 13:27:39,742 Couldn't get
> broadcast address, will retry in five seconds.

I've found an old issue saying that the random RMI port "problem" was
solved on releases newer than 2.0 (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-7087).
So i've configured the rmi port to be the same as jmx:

> JVM_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.rmi.port=$JMX_PORT"

The JMX port seens open:

> telnet localhost 7199
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to localhost.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> Connection closed by foreign host.

Has anyone here had this kind of problem?

Thanks,
Francisco Andrade