Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Brad Settlemyer <bw...@cox.rr.com> on 2002/04/05 23:25:32 UTC

processContents attribute and DocumentHandler

Hello,

  I am finally trying to determine why some parts of my schema have been
ignored by SAX2, specifically the processContents="skip" attribute.  I read
the doc for skipped entity, and it is apparent that you are purposely not
calling the skipped entity function.  Is this a defect?  I have worked around
it, but as I have xml documents nested within xml documents, my content
handler is very complex, when I think it should be much simpler.  Any advice?
Any future plans with respect to processContents.

  Also some of your sax2 doc appears to be out of date, mentioning some
mystery class called DocumentHandler when it means ContentHandler, I would be
happy to point out the places I've seen where this occurs, as I've finally
stopped deriving from monstrous DefaultHandler, and have moved to a more
precise Handler class, and noticed the inconsistencies at that time.

Thanks for any help,
--
Brad Settlemyer
http://deepcopy.org/

Re: processContents attribute and DocumentHandler

Posted by Khaled Noaman <kn...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Brad,

Would you please elaborate more? It would be helpful if you can give us
an example of the problem you're encountering.

Khaled