Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rohit <ro...@in-rev.com> on 2012/04/12 06:45:48 UTC

Solr 3.5 takes very long to commit gradually

We recently migrated from solr3.1 to solr3.5, we have one master and one
slave configured. The master has two cores,

1) Core1 - 44555972 documents

2) Core2 - 29419244 documents

We commit every 5000 documents, but lately the commit time gradually
increase and solr is taking as very long 15 minutes plus in some cases. What
could have caused this, I have checked the logs and the only warning i can
see is,

"WARNING: Use of deprecated update request parameter update.processor
detected. Please use the new parameter update.chain instead, as support for
update.processor will be removed in a later version."

Memory details:

export JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Xms6g -Xmx36g -XX:MaxPermSize=5g"

Solr Config:

<useCompoundFile>false</useCompoundFile>

<mergeFactor>10</mergeFactor>

<ramBufferSizeMB>32</ramBufferSizeMB>

<!-- <maxBufferedDocs>1000</maxBufferedDocs> -->

<maxFieldLength>10000</maxFieldLength>

<writeLockTimeout>1000</writeLockTimeout>

<commitLockTimeout>10000</commitLockTimeout>

Also noticed, that top command show almost 350GB of Virtual memory usage.

What could be causing this, as everything was running fine a few days back?

Regards,

Rohit

Mobile: +91-9901768202

About Me:  <http://about.me/rohitg> http://about.me/rohitg

RE: Solr 3.5 takes very long to commit gradually

Posted by Rohit <ro...@in-rev.com>.
Operating system in linux ubuntu.
No not using spellchecker
Only language detection in my update chain.

Regards,
Rohit
Mobile: +91-9901768202
Are you using spellchecker with buildOnCommit?
Anything special in your Update Chain?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Posted by Rohit <ro...@in-rev.com>.
Thanks for pointing these out, but I still have one concern, why is the
Virtual Memory running in 300g+?

Regards,
Rohit

Posted by Tirthankar Chatterjee <tc...@commvault.com>.

Posted by Tirthankar Chatterjee <tc...@commvault.com>.
Hi Rohit,

Posted by Tirthankar Chatterjee <tc...@commvault.com>.

Hi Rohit,
Can you please check the solrconfig.xml in 3.5 and compare it with 3.1 if there are any warming queries specified while opening the searchers after a commit.

Thanks,
Tirthankar

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
What operating system?