Posted to dev@servicecomb.apache.org by Zhang Lei <co...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/04 07:41:48 UTC

[DISCUSS][PACK] Reverse compensation timeout and retry

Hi, Pack Team

I submitted a PR [1] solve send the compensation result to Alpha after
Omega slide the compensation method execution is completed.

Because Alpha needs to wait for the compensation result after calling the
compensation method, in order to avoid waiting indefinitely [2], I have to
add timeout and the retry parameter. I noticed that @Compensable has
defined timeout and retry parameters for forward operation, I need to add
similar parameters for reverse rollback.

For this, I need to redefine the attribute name:

Rename retries  to forwardRetries
Rename timeout to forwardTimeout
Add attribute reverseRetries
Add attribute reverseTimeout

In addition, forward operation and reverse rollback cannot be used in
combination. I don't think of these conflicts, the question will be
discussed later on.

Any suggestions?

[1] https://github.com/apache/servicecomb-pack/pull/609
[2]
https://github.com/apache/servicecomb-pack/pull/609#discussion_r352325637

Best regards,
Lei Zhang

Re: [DISCUSS][PACK] Reverse compensation timeout and retry

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1 to make the change of servicecomb-pack.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem