Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2006/11/07 20:08:10 UTC

[HttpCore] EntityDeserializer and EntitySerializer public interfaces

Roland et al,

With all the latest changes in HttpCore I no longer think that pluggable
EntityDeserializer and EntitySerializer represent any real value. They
just clutter the API. One can still override #receive/sendRequestEntity
#send/receiveResponseEntity methods of the default client / server
connection implementations to achieve the same net result. Would any one
really miss these interfaces?

Cheers

Oleg

Re: [HttpCore] EntityDeserializer and EntitySerializer public interfaces

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 17:33 +0100, Roland Weber wrote:
> Hi Oleg,
>
> > With all the latest changes in HttpCore I no longer think that pluggable
> > EntityDeserializer and EntitySerializer represent any real value. They
> > just clutter the API. One can still override #receive/sendRequestEntity
> > #send/receiveResponseEntity methods of the default client / server
> > connection implementations to achieve the same net result. Would any one
> > really miss these interfaces?
>
> I wouldn't. I had been thinking about an extra level in the connection
> implementation hierarchy just to have a place for them while not
> requiring them to be used for each implementation.
>
> cheers,
>   Roland

Hi Roland,

Consider them gone. Oh, I am evil.