Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Heiko Braun <br...@berlin.de> on 2002/10/15 13:30:13 UTC

Deserializer fails on complex type

Hi i have the following response in my client app:

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
 <SOAP-ENV:Body>
  <res:AUTHResponse xmlns:res="myNameSpace">
   <res:ID>10963</res:XID>
   <res:DATA>
    <res:END>2002-10-15T16:25:40Z</res:END>
   </res:DATA>
  </res:AUTHResponse>
 </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

for some reason the client fails when trying to deserialze
the "END" element which is nested in "DATA".
the exception is as follows:

AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}Server.userException
 faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXException: SimpleDeserializer encountered a child
element, which is NOT expected, in som
ething it was trying to deserialize.
 faultActor: null
 faultDetail:
        stackTrace: org.xml.sax.SAXException: SimpleDeserializer encountered a child
element, which is NOT expected,
in something it was trying to deserialize.
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.SimpleDeserializer.onStartChild(SimpleDeserializer.java:188)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.startElement(DeserializationContextImpl.java:893)
        at org.apache.axis.message.SAX2EventRecorder.replay(SAX2EventRecorder.java:200)
        at
org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.publishToHandler(MessageElement.java:684)
        at org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.deserialize(RPCElement.java:241)
        at org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.getParams(RPCElement.java:265)

the java files are generated from wsdl , which specifies
the response as a complex type.

Can someone explain to me whats going wrong here?
Any thoughts or suggestions greatly appreciated.
i simply dont know where to start looking...

Tnx, Heiko

--
berlin.de - meine stadt im netz. Jetzt eigene eMail-adresse @berlin.de sichern!
http://webmail.berlin.de