Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Darren Govoni <da...@ontrenet.com> on 2011/06/28 19:43:05 UTC

consumer queue acknowledge?

Hi,
   I want to allow consumers of a persistent queue to programmatically
acknowledge
messages. And after some time, if it is not acknowledge, I want the
message re-delivered
elsewhere.

Are there examples of how to do this? Any tips appreciated.

Thanks!
Darren

Re: consumer queue acknowledge?

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
a consumer with unacked messages will lock those messages so they are
not available to other consumers till that consumer closes. So in
order to get redelivery you would need to engineer the timeout of the
consumer.
The broker does not implement a redelivery timeout for dispatched messages.

There is a facility to abort a slow consumer, so this could automate
the closing or a consumer after some timeout.

Have a look at the
org.apache.activemq.broker.policy.AbortSlowConsumerTest in
activemq-core for an example of what it can do.

--
http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: consumer queue acknowledge?