Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Gian Maria Ricci - aka Alkampfer <al...@nablasoft.com> on 2016/01/27 13:34:43 UTC

Which version of java is preferrable to install on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7?

As for the subject, which version of java is preferrable to install to run
Solr 5.3.1 on RHEL 7?

I remember in old doc (https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrInstall) that for
full international charset support there is the need to install full IDK, it
is still true or is preferable to install standard JRE as for the official
documentation
(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Installing+Solr )

Thanks.

--
Gian Maria Ricci
Cell: +39 320 0136949

 <http://mvp.microsoft.com/en-us/mvp/Gian%20Maria%20Ricci-4025635>
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/gianmariaricci>
<https://twitter.com/alkampfer>   <http://feeds.feedburner.com/AlkampferEng>

RE: Which version of java is preferrable to install on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7?

Posted by Gian Maria Ricci - aka Alkampfer <al...@nablasoft.com>.
Thanks a lot, Oracle Java 8 and is the version that I usually use, and I install a standard JRE.

Thanks again.

--
Gian Maria Ricci
Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.