Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ma...@yahoo.com on 2003/06/23 01:06:41 UTC

restarting the server

how comes my dir under the webapps dir did not work
until I restarted the server?

everytime you install or add one of these you need to
rerstart it? is there a good reason for that?

I tried everything, a guy on this list told me what to
do and I followed it, nothing, restarted the server
and bam, works like a charm.

thanks.

Re: restarting the server

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
Server.xml is not read dynamically.  If you need to deploy, stop, start,
and otherwise manage web applications without restarting the server, try
the manager and admin applications that are included with every Tomcat
installation.  That's what they are for, and this is all covered in the
docs.

John