Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by kiran <ki...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/23 15:21:33 UTC

Unable to .META corrupt issue

Hi,

I am unable to do any operations in hbase shell like put, get, disable or
drop a table. Each time I am getting this exception

ERROR: java.io.IOException: HRegionInfo was null or empty in -ROOT-,
row=keyvalues={.META

I did try offlinemetarepair and other things..but none of them yielded
results. I think .META or ROOT is corrupt.

How can I resolve these issue ?

--
Thank you
Kiran Sarvabhotla

-----Even a correct decision is wrong when it is taken late

Re: Unable to .META corrupt issue

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
I'm unsure as to what caused this for you without having logs to look at,
but a general thing you could do to fix this would perhaps be to shutdown
HBase, invoke the ZK CLI console via "hbase zkcli" and wipe the /hbase
znode parent dir completely clean. Depending on your version of ZooKeeper
deployed, you may either need to do a simple "rmr /hbase" in the ZK CLI
console or do an individual "delete <znode>" of all available znodes under
/hbase.

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 7:51 PM, kiran <ki...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am unable to do any operations in hbase shell like put, get, disable or
> drop a table. Each time I am getting this exception
>
> ERROR: java.io.IOException: HRegionInfo was null or empty in -ROOT-,
> row=keyvalues={.META
>
> I did try offlinemetarepair and other things..but none of them yielded
> results. I think .META or ROOT is corrupt.
>
> How can I resolve these issue ?
>

> --
> Thank you
> Kiran Sarvabhotla