Posted to ruleqa@spamassassin.apache.org by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com> on 2015/01/12 04:05:23 UTC

Fwd: Output from your job 160

FYI that we are back with an update today.

Re: Fwd: Output from your job 160

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
On 1/12/2015 12:04 PM, Benny Pedersen wrote:
> Kevin A. McGrail skrev den 2015-01-12 17:46:
>> You are correct.  There is no check for an install to know what
>> plugins you don't want to use to determine if modules are no longer a
>> dependency.  You would have to write that and submit it for
>> consideration.
>
> +1, so currently it just checks all is ready if all plugins is enabled ?
No, it has some checks that are consider core and some that are
considered optional.

>> From memory, It was part of the switch in v3.2.0 to make the plugin
>> system more core to the programming so that more experimental plugins
>> could be used.
>
> okay, also more work in perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf vs
> Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Bayes (move more bayes settings to bayes
> plugin)
I don't use Bayes so you'll have to convince someone else of that
concern.  I've got a lot of SA irons in the fire :-)

>> Sorry, I do not follow.  You cannot disable all the plugins.  Doing so
>> will give you the following error:
>>
>> Timeout::_run: check: no loaded plugin implements 'check_main':
>> cannot scan!
>> Check the necessary '.pre' files are in the config directory.
>>
>> Are you referring to if you just have Check enabled that you get some
>> sort of error?
>
> yes its what i forget again, this plugin is always needed, but i test
> errors that is found by disabled all the rest, and finds possible
> missing in gentoo ebuild that way, olso check perl modules versions
> follow dependcyinfo as much as possible with gentoo
OK, feel free to open bugs and submit patches but I'm not seeing this
issue nor do I really understand the issue, pros/cons, etc.

regards,
KAM

Re: Fwd: Output from your job 160

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>.

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
On 1/12/2015 11:20 AM, Benny Pedersen wrote:
> Kevin A. McGrail skrev den 2015-01-12 04:28:
>
>> I'm afraid I just don't know what issue you are referring to but I
>> don't think plugins can be disabled.
>
> not in that perl module, it will check all depency perl is there even
> if modules are not used anyway
You are correct.  There is no check for an install to know what plugins
you don't want to use to determine if modules are no longer a
dependency.  You would have to write that and submit it for consideration.
>> You must have loadplugin
>> Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Check enabled as of v3.2.0, I believe, or
>> the scanner doesn't work.
>
> yes why is this module even a plugin in terms of *.pre file loadplugin
 From memory, It was part of the switch in v3.2.0 to make the plugin

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>.

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
On 1/11/2015 10:15 PM, Benny Pedersen wrote:
> i still have not found why plugins in depencyinfo.pm is required when
> plugins can be disabled
>
> should it not be warn if plugin is enabled ?
>
> and not if its disabled ?

I'm afraid I just don't know what issue you are referring to but I don't
think plugins can be disabled.  You must have loadplugin
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Check enabled as of v3.2.0, I believe, or
the scanner doesn't work.

How do you recreate the issue you are talking about?

Regards,
KAM

Re: Fwd: Output from your job 160

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>.
Kevin A. McGrail skrev den 2015-01-12 04:05:
> FYI that we are back with an update today.

+1

well, will create a new gentoo ebuild in some hours from now, first need
some sleep, possible my work will be added to the main gentoo portage
when i am finished it complete