Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org> on 2019/10/01 18:54:13 UTC

Testimonials Page (Was: Re: About Royale Docs Improvements over latest months)

Hi all,

we are talking about add a new "Testimonials" page were people could share
"How ApacheRoyale has helped" (you, your project, your company...) with a
new app, or a migration from Flex.

Please submit to this thread a phrase or a paragraph that will capture that
topic for you and help us to fill that page with useful information for
others that come to Apache Royale.
(Note: Take into account that anyone that do this contribution is under the
assumption that allows us to use his phrase, name and info submitted in out
website as a Testimonial in that page and submitting implies give us
permission to do that :))

Please provide an image as well for the profile. It can be your portrait,
or if you don't want your photo in our website, you can send us other
image(photo, logo or graphic) that represents you, to enhance the
testimonial. We reserve the option to use it or not depending on the image
provided if we think is not appropriate or could infringe some copyright or
rule. For this reason, please try to use original content and nothing that
could be offensive or problematic with any of the Apache rules or the
common sense :)

This will help others to decide to join us or use Royale since others had
success in using it.

Thanks all for your contribution to this page!! That will be of great help!
:)

Carlos

El mar., 1 oct. 2019 a las 20:39, Carlos Rovira (<ca...@apache.org>)
escribió:

> Hi,
> we can add testimonials page (as an additional page a part from showcase
> page). The actual theme has that integrated that will be easy to do.
> Will start a thread so others can write its own testimonial to be added.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion :)
>

> El mar., 1 oct. 2019 a las 19:37, Alex Harui (<ah...@adobe.com.invalid>)
> escribió:
>
>> The showcase would be great, but if it is easier/faster to simply have a
>> page of links to blogs of our committers like you and Harbs that just
>> contain a paragraph or two about how Royale has helped, that might be a
>> good place to start.
>>
>> -Alex
>>
>> On 10/1/19, 10:02 AM, "Carlos Rovira" <ca...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi Alex,
>>
>>     El mar., 1 oct. 2019 a las 17:50, Alex Harui
>> (<ah...@adobe.com.invalid>)
>>     escribió:
>>
>>     > Thanks for working on the docs.
>>     >
>>     > Beyond the docs, what I would most like to see is "success
>> stories".  I
>>     > keep thinking it would help if it was easier for folks to read
>> about how
>>     > Royale has helped.
>>     >

>>     You refer to "showcase" page?
>>
>> https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Froyale.apache.org%2Fshowcase%2F&amp;data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C2738afd6ca5c4c4807bf08d746912887%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C637055461576181142&amp;sdata=%2BN%2FcdilLG3C%2F2wPoJHWts04%2FxO0%2BVDRlqtW%2Bw%2BMrh9I%3D&amp;reserved=0
>>     I still has that on my plate. I have to plan the info to showcase and
>> post
>>     so people can submit about it
>>     But yes is one of the important pieces to work on. I'll try to get
>> over it
>>     soon.
>>
>>     thanks
>>
> --
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Testimonials Page (Was: Re: About Royale Docs Improvements over latest months)

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Great Harbs!
hope to hear from you soon :)

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
My plate is full, but I promise to mention that to Prominic so they can put
some words about Royale usage. They are pretty happy with the port result
so far, so this should be very very positive :)

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: Testimonials Page (Was: Re: About Royale Docs Improvements over latest months)

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi folks,

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Thanks Andrew!