Posted to user@trafodion.apache.org by Sharu Gupta <gu...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/01 21:19:49 UTC

installation prerequisites

Hello,

I am a new user on your mailing list. I was reading the instructions to
download and install Trafodion.

The instructions say that either Cloudera CDH 5.3 or CDH 5.2 are required.
However, I can only find CDH versions 5.4 or higher on
http://www.cloudera.com/downloads/quickstart_vms/5-5.html

Will it be OK to use hadoop distribution by CDH 5.4 or higher?

Thank you,
Sharu

RE: installation prerequisites

Posted by Eric Owhadi <er...@esgyn.com>.
Hello Sharu,

I don’t know if you are trying to install Trafodion binaries to use it as a
user, or trying to build Trafodion code to contribute features, fixes etc.

If the second option, then follow the “contribute” tab on Trafodion web
site.

The build environment include a local version of Hadoop, you should not
have to worry about getting it from cloudera. The build environment setup
will take care of installing a one node full setup of all Hadoop component
needed, good enough for development,

Welcome to the Trafodion community,

Eric

Posted by Amanda Moran <am...@esgyn.com>.
Yes, you could build the code yourself and then create a tar ball to
install.

You can also use a daily build just for testing/installation that we have
here...this is not a released version just something to help.

http://downloads.trafodion.org/

Thanks!

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 12:58 PM, Sharu Gupta <gu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for your reply.
> I went to http://trafodion.apache.org/download.html to get started. There
> is no mention the version number on the link.
>
> Can the daily build be cloned from git?
>
> Sharu
>

> On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 2:27 PM, Amanda Moran <am...@esgyn.com>
> wrote:
>
>> HI there-
>>
>> Which version of Trafodion are you going to try to install? 1.3 release
>> of latest daily build?
>>
>> Trafodion 1.3 release does not work on 5.4 or 5.5
>>
>> The daily build should now work on 5.4 (we just merged in that change
>> yesterday ..)
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Amanda
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 12:19 PM, Sharu Gupta <gu...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am a new user on your mailing list. I was reading the instructions to
>>> download and install Trafodion.
>>>
>>> The instructions say that either Cloudera CDH 5.3 or CDH 5.2 are
>>> required. However, I can only find CDH versions 5.4 or higher on
>>> http://www.cloudera.com/downloads/quickstart_vms/5-5.html
>>>
>>> Will it be OK to use hadoop distribution by CDH 5.4 or higher?
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Sharu
>>>

>> --
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Amanda Moran

Amanda Moran

Re: installation prerequisites

Posted by Sharu Gupta <gu...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your reply.

Posted by Amanda Moran <am...@esgyn.com>.
HI there-

Which version of Trafodion are you going to try to install? 1.3 release of
latest daily build?

Trafodion 1.3 release does not work on 5.4 or 5.5

The daily build should now work on 5.4 (we just merged in that change
yesterday ..)

Thanks!

Amanda

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 12:19 PM, Sharu Gupta <gu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am a new user on your mailing list. I was reading the instructions to
> download and install Trafodion.
>
> The instructions say that either Cloudera CDH 5.3 or CDH 5.2 are required.
> However, I can only find CDH versions 5.4 or higher on
> http://www.cloudera.com/downloads/quickstart_vms/5-5.html
>
> Will it be OK to use hadoop distribution by CDH 5.4 or higher?
>
> Thank you,
> Sharu

Amanda Moran

Re: installation prerequisites

Posted by gu...@gmail.com.
Thank you Venkat. Hortonworks will be good too. I will use the Sandbox.

Sent from my iPhone

Email:    carol.pearson234@gmail.com

Twitter:  @CarolP222

Posted by Sharu Gupta <gu...@gmail.com>.