Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by j....@gmail.com on 2008/11/23 08:39:28 UTC

Re: Unknown error in Assembler for MessageDriven bean

A bit of a late response to
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/openejb-users/200810.mbox/%3C332A6619-AF7C-49A0-A4AC-2D9FE9A54847@visi.com%3E>

On Oct 8, 2008, David wrote:
> For EJb 2.1 and prior the <messaging-type> is a required xml element
> -- autodiscovery via introspection is an EJB 3.0 feature.  If you were
> to grab an old version of weblogic, the bean would likely not deploy
> without the <messaging-type> declared.  Something to keep in mind if
> you intend your app to be an EJB 2.1 compliant app.

In the DTD for EJB 2.0, the element doesn't exist in, as the only type
of MDB you can make is a javax.jms.MessageListener
isn't the default messaging-type javax.jms.MessageListener for 2.1? -
At least that is what the XSD
<http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/ejb-jar_2_1.xsd> states) - I didn't
check the spec for the interface checking, but I have never had
problems deploying MDBs to weblogic where its a parent class which
implements javax.jms.MessageListener

/Johannes

Re: Unknown error in Assembler for MessageDriven bean

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Nov 22, 2008, at 11:39 PM, j.alkjaer@gmail.com wrote:

> A bit of a late response to
> <http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/openejb-users/200810.mbox/%3C332A6619-AF7C-49A0-A4AC-2D9FE9A54847@visi.com%3E
> >

> On Oct 8, 2008, David wrote:
>> For EJb 2.1 and prior the <messaging-type> is a required xml element
>> -- autodiscovery via introspection is an EJB 3.0 feature.  If you
>> were
>> to grab an old version of weblogic, the bean would likely not deploy
>> without the <messaging-type> declared.  Something to keep in mind if
>> you intend your app to be an EJB 2.1 compliant app.
>
> In the DTD for EJB 2.0, the element doesn't exist in, as the only type
> of MDB you can make is a javax.jms.MessageListener
> isn't the default messaging-type javax.jms.MessageListener for 2.1? -
> At least that is what the XSD
> <http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/ejb-jar_2_1.xsd> states) - I didn't
> check the spec for the interface checking, but I have never had
> problems deploying MDBs to weblogic where its a parent class which
> implements javax.jms.MessageListener

You're absolutely right.  We'll definitely fix that.

Added a jira for this:

   (notifications:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?id=12410388&watch=true)

-David