Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Pe...@softwareag.com on 2004/06/21 13:12:35 UTC

Release branch for Slide 2.1

Hi,

is there already a release branch for Slide 2.1? ... Or is it maybe to early to have one (e.g. because work on Slide 3.0 has not yet started). What is the SLIDE_2_1_EXTERNAL_TX branch for?

Thanks,
Peter

Re: Release branch for Slide 2.1

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <oz...@c1-fse.de>.
No, there is no release branch, yet. As there has been no feature freeze
and all releases done yet are merely milestones, I saw no reason to
create on. As soon as a feature freeze has been called out (with the
2.1b1 release) a release branch should be create to allow new features
to be implemented in the HEAD.

SLIDE_2_1_EXTERNAL_TX branch is my work branch for external
transactions. As I continued work on external transactions in the HEAD
it is obsolete now.

Oliver