Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2017/01/24 15:46:40 UTC

[POLL] Will you be at ApacheCon NA 2017?

Hi,

I'm sure you have all seen the TomcatCon discussion I started on the
users@ list. We are getting enthusiastic support from the ApacheCon
organisers at both the ASF and the Linux Foundation.

I am starting to think about the overall schedule. Key to that is which
talks we can find someone to give. I'd like to get a wide a range of
speakers as possible. I've started to reach out privately to a few
potential session speakers but my expectation at this point is that most
speakers will come from within the Tomcat community. With that in mind
it would be extremely helpful if you could complete the following poll:

I will be attending ApacheCon NA:

[   ] Yes
[   ] Maybe
[   ] No

If attending, I would be willing to present a session at TomcatCon:

[   ] Yes
[   ] Maybe
[   ] No

If you have an idea / some ideas about potential session topics please
feel free to suggest them. The ideas so far are summarized on the wiki
[1]. Both new suggestions and amendments to existing ideas are very welcome.

Thanks,

Mark

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TOMCAT/TomcatCon+NA+2017

Re: [POLL] Will you be at ApacheCon NA 2017?

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.
On 01/24/2017 04:46 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm sure you have all seen the TomcatCon discussion I started on the
> users@ list. We are getting enthusiastic support from the ApacheCon
> organisers at both the ASF and the Linux Foundation.
>
> I am starting to think about the overall schedule. Key to that is which
> talks we can find someone to give. I'd like to get a wide a range of
> speakers as possible. I've started to reach out privately to a few
> potential session speakers but my expectation at this point is that most
> speakers will come from within the Tomcat community. With that in mind
> it would be extremely helpful if you could complete the following poll:
>
> I will be attending ApacheCon NA:
>
> [ X  ] Yes
> [   ] Maybe
> [   ] No
>
> If attending, I would be willing to present a session at TomcatCon:
>
> [ X  ] Yes
> [   ] Maybe
> [   ] No
>
> If you have an idea / some ideas about potential session topics please
> feel free to suggest them. The ideas so far are summarized on the wiki
> [1]. Both new suggestions and amendments to existing ideas are very welcome.

Sure I will ;-)

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Provide my answers:

On 24/01/2017 15:46, Mark Thomas wrote:
> I will be attending ApacheCon NA:
> [ X ] Yes
>
> If attending, I would be willing to present a session at TomcatCon:
> [ X ] Yes

Mark

Re: [POLL] Will you be at ApacheCon NA 2017?

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@alibaba-inc.com>.
Hi,

Here is my answer:

I will be attending ApacheCon NA:

[   ] Yes
[ X  ] Maybe
[   ] No

If attending, I would be willing to present a session at TomcatCon:

[ X  ] Yes
[   ] Maybe
[   ] No

I have submitted a proposal here:
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/cfp/proposals/14951/13401

Any suggestions is appreciated!

I've had a brief talk to my boss, and he will agree if the proposal got accepted.

One more question, I cannot login to [1] with my apache account, is that expected? A registration is necessary?

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TOMCAT/TomcatCon+NA+2017

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
All,

For completeness.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 02/02/2017 08:20, Keiichi Fujino wrote:
> Hi
>
> my answer is
>

>> I will be attending ApacheCon NA:
>>
>> [   ] Yes
>> [  X ] Maybe
>> [   ] No
>>

> I will talk to my employer about attending this event.

Excellent. I very much hope they say yes.

>> If attending, I would be willing to present a session at TomcatCon:
>>
>> [ X ] Yes
>> [   ] Maybe
>> [   ] No
>>
>> <de...@tomcat.apache.org>
>

> I have a plan to talk about something about Tomcat Cluster and session
> replication.

Sounds good. That would fit in perfectly in the networking sessions.

Mark

Re: [POLL] Will you be at ApacheCon NA 2017?

Posted by "4CORNERS wallie[ ]view" <wa...@gmail.com>.
i was working sum rename^n files and relocating them some had porn and then
there it is a fine of 500$ and a locked phone

Posted by Keiichi Fujino <kf...@apache.org>.
Hi

my answer is

<de...@tomcat.apache.org>