Posted to users@camel.apache.org by dermoritz <ta...@hotmail.com> on 2014/07/17 11:48:35 UTC

How to emit jmx events (with JmxNotificationEventNotifier?)

I can't find an example how to emit Jmx events. I found examples how to
create the notifier and how to listen to events but i just want to emit
events within a "@ManagedResource". (Seeing attributes and operations is
working fine)

Re: How to emit jmx events (with JmxNotificationEventNotifier?)

Posted by dermoritz <ta...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks,

does this mean i don't need "JmxNotificationEventNotifier"?

If i use those standard classes to emit notifications: can i found them
under "notification" in same subtree as my "operations"/"Attributes" of my
"@ManagedResource"?

A @ManagedNotifier would be great. Annotation for method that returns
EventObject :-)

Re: How to emit jmx events (with JmxNotificationEventNotifier?)

Posted by dermoritz <ta...@hotmail.com>.
i found this http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/jmx/notifs/
(some time ago i created self made jmx),

but my question is how to integrate it with camel context's mbean server. I
want to use as much as possible from camel.

Re: How to emit jmx events (with JmxNotificationEventNotifier?)

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

That class JmxNotificationEventNotifier has support for sending Camel
events as JMX notifications.
It uses standard JMX javax.management.NotificationEmitter to do that,
the JDK has a javax.management.NotificationBroadcasterSupport you can
use.

Check the source code and unit tests, and search the internet for how
to use those standard JMX classes.

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 11:48 AM, dermoritz <ta...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I can't find an example how to emit Jmx events. I found examples how to
> create the notifier and how to listen to events but i just want to emit
> events within a "@ManagedResource". (Seeing attributes and operations is
> working fine)

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.