Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by al...@gmail.com on 2014/06/17 16:12:49 UTC

Storing videos in Hdfs

Hi hadoopers,

What is the best way to store video files in Hdfs?

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Storing videos in Hdfs

Posted by Marcos Ortiz <ml...@uci.cu>.
What do you want to achieve with this?
I've seen that Hadoop is being used for video analytics, just storing video's metadata,
quantity of unique views and that kind of stuff; but I've never seen
this use-case.
A good example of this is Ooyala, which have been used Hadoop+ Apache Cassandra
for this, although they migrated to a Spark/Shark + Cassandra solution.
They wrote a whitepaper called "Designing a Scalable Database for Online Video
Analytics" and Evan Chan(@evanfchan) did a great talk in the last Cassandra Summit
2013 about how to use Spark/Shark + Cassandra for Real-Time video analytics.

--
Marcos Ortiz[1] (@marcosluis2186[2])
http://about.me/marcosortiz[3]

--------