Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> on 2009/02/05 13:44:56 UTC

download page

Marnie,

thx for edits on download page.  I added two columns to try make the
page clearer, take a look

Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

RE: download page

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ge...@dcs.gla.ac.uk>.
The core Eclipse plugin that it is based on is part of the build output, but
the rest of it isn't...if people feel adventurous they can put it into the
Eclipse IDE and use it though :P

The reason I did that was because that is what the module folder it lives in
is really for, the plugin, and it didn't think it made sense to build
anything but the plugin in the output lib dir (even putting it in there
isn't necessarily that useful except it can be used directly within Eclipse
like that, and is used as the source to grab the plugin when building the
full applicatione).

Since the overall console has platform dependant bits and there are
currently 3(/5 soon) versions of it that would drive the java lib dir up
another 45(/75)MB and it didn't seem to me like the overall java release
package would ever want to include all the different versions, or that we
would have 3/5 different overall java releases per platform, so I saved that
for the 'release-bin' process which constructs the full consoles and
packages them within the plugin's own /release area. It would be really easy
to change that though, if desired.

Think that is us back to the component packages vs overall language release
bundles debate again :)

Robbie

Posted by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com>.
It's the Eclipse JMX Management Console, but we don't *think* it's in the
download package, back to the debates about output from build being our dist
:-)

Re: download page

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Re: download page