Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Taha Hafeez Siddiqi <ta...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/01 02:13:07 UTC

Re: Discussion: Future of tapestry-test & friends.

+1 for Spock and Geb.

I have been using Spock and Geb for some time now. Being both in Groovy saves you a lot of time.

One of the concerns that I have with Geb is unstable tests which seems to be related to WebDriver but, for some reason, are more visible with Geb.

BTW Spock extensions are really easy and fun to write!.

regarding Ulrich's point. I agree that Tapestry stack keeps changing and it is not easy to cope up with it. Actually, that is a great thing if you have time to learn. You get free examples in the clearest of codes from Howard!! On the flip side, if you don't have time, you lag behind and can't contribute much to the project. That is one reason my blog has dried out as I couldn't get time to experiment with Tapestry 5.4.

Thankfully, we have started migrating our libraries to Tapestry 5.4. I am now looking into the new source and it looks like an exciting next few weeks.

regards
Taha

Posted by Barry Books <tr...@gmail.com>.
I have a few thoughts but they are conflicting.

1. Anything that makes testing easier would be welcome.
2. It would have to be beyond easy to create new test cases to make me want
to rewrite my old ones.
3. I'm sure (fill in you favorite language here) is great but I'm
mandated (It's more of a suggestion really) to use Java.
4. If I have to find Groovy programers they are going to know Grails.
5. I have enough trouble with Selenium running under Hudson on my build
machine. I don't really want to try and support something else also.

I can see this being used on new projects but I don't see much benefit to
existing ones.

Posted by Denis Delangle <de...@gmail.com>.
Hello,