Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Robert Hailey <ro...@cmediacorp.com> on 2010/06/19 00:11:02 UTC

BUG: T5.1/IOC: dropped exception

org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.RegistryBuilder.java

around line #153

author intends to set exception as cause but feeds it into format
arguments

--
Robert Hailey

Re: BUG: T5.1/IOC: dropped exception

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 7:25 AM, Robert Hailey <ro...@cmediacorp.com> wrote:

> On Jun 18, 2010, at 5:27 PM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 19:11:02 -0300, Robert Hailey <ro...@cmediacorp.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.RegistryBuilder.java
>>> around line #153
>>> author intends to set exception as cause but feeds it into format
>>> arguments
>>
>> Please post it in JIRA, as it's the right place to file bugs.
>
> Ok, I'll try and remember to do it Monday.
>
> I was thinking that someone on the list would have commit access, and that
> creating a jira account (& posting a patch & having someone get back to it,
> etc) is a lot of overhead for what amounts to moving a parenthesis.

I agree that for something this trivial, a patch is a lot of trouble,
and no one will think less of you if you skimp on it.

However, in terms of creating a JIRA account ...

Everyone working on Tapestry is doing so on a time budget.  Every
minute I personally spend working on Tapestry is one less minute I can
be billing (except in rare circumstances where a client is willing to
pay me to work on bugs and extensions). The same goes for others, who
are often squeezing Tapestry around the edges of full time jobs.

Certainly, the highest priority are fixes and improvements driven
directly by the needs of my clients.

After that?  Well, we need to gauge a number of factors, including how
important the fix really is to submitter. A message on the mailing
list is pretty worthless.  Being committed enough to register on JIRA
and create a detail bug report?  That gets a lot more notice.

> --
> Robert Hailey

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: BUG: T5.1/IOC: dropped exception

Posted by Robert Hailey <ro...@cmediacorp.com>.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
wrote:

> org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.RegistryBuilder.java
> around line #153
> author intends to set exception as cause but feeds it into format
> arguments

Please post it in JIRA, as it's the right place to file bugs.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor
http://www.arsmachina.com.br