Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Erickson <de...@cmcflex.com> on 2003/12/16 17:40:45 UTC

iBatis DAO + Hibernate?

We're needing to roll out DAO and ORM in our webapp... been evaluating
hibernate and it looks awesome, but we'd like to insulate our app from that,
has anyone tried using iBatis' DAO layer then plugging hibernate underneath
that?
-David

Re: iBatis DAO + Hibernate?

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
I haven't tried it, but I have used the DAO layer with mock
implementations, and it works just fine. There's nothing in that part of
it that is SqlMap specific. Clinton Begin says that it should work with
Hibernate, or anything else, and I would agree. For the 2.0 release,
I've been encouraging Clinton to release these as separate products.

HTH, Ted.

Re: iBatis DAO + Hibernate?

Posted by Mark Lowe <ma...@talk21.com>.
Mine's an opinion from someone who's pretty good on the presentation
and servlets stuff, and a lot greener in terms of model tier
development.

I've used torque and more recently hibernate on two separate projects..
Torque seems a bit dirtier, and a pain for deprecated dependencies, but
does the job and runs fast enough.

Hibernate gives you greater control and the xdoclet support is a big
bonus. But it took a couple of days on ranting to work out what the
error messages where telling me n stuff.

I'd love to give ibatis a crack, but to be frank, i either haven't
approached the documentation in the right frame of mind or I just don't
get them. Not sure if there's xdoclet support either.

Re: iBatis DAO + Hibernate?

Posted by Vic Cekvenich <ce...@basebeans.com>.

Re: iBatis DAO + Hibernate?

Posted by Pedro Salgado <sa...@04web.com>.