Posted to users@maven.apache.org by adisonz <wk...@hotmail.com> on 2008/04/21 06:04:53 UTC

Hi may I know how to do hot deploy with maven ?

Hi may I know how to do hot deploy with maven , because It's causing alot of
time to developing a JSF application which error message is not clear.

Thank you

Re: Hi may I know how to do hot deploy with maven ?

Posted by adisonz <wk...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Wendy , thanks for the solution , but then I am abit new to netbeans , so
that command will be type into the goal there ?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Siarhei Dudzin <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi adisonz,

Now I understand. Just a little tip - when you ask such generic question it
is generally a good idea to specify from the start under what 'profile' (or
vendor) you are deploying.
Hot deployment technology is still quite vendor dependent (despite JSR-88),
for example you can use ejb-3 with JMS which may require a full blown JEE-5
server (like JBoss) or if you do only pojo's then Jetty or Tomcat might be
enough :)

But as for your question... it looks like you are looking for maven
integration for NetBeans. Unfortunately I don't have experience with
NetBeans.
What I do have is experience with Eclipse and RAD-6 (also based on eclipse).
Both use Web Tools Plugin (WTP) to hot-deploy to various servers (JBoss and
WebSphere in my case), I also use maven eclipse plugin which allows me to
generate eclipse projects that are compatible with the WTP.

My (wild) guess is that you might need to look for maven netbeans
integration + netbeans jetty integration. I am sure there are people who are
much further in this subject than I am, but that's just general direction I
would be looking for.

Another option (it may be even the simplest) is to use 'mvn jetty:run' as
Wendy proposed. As for usage (commands, etc) I think it is enough to
'google' it :)

Regards,
Siarhei

Posted by adisonz <wk...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Siarhei ,

I have a maven2 project in netbeans .  and the server that we are using is
Jetty 6.0 ,

I mean hot delopy means maven will not recompile everything , just compile
those stuff that has been changed and deploy... that works fine for normal
build in netbeans but in maven .. it's required to build again ...

other than that .. i can't makes my maven2 project to auto deploy to jetty
server when i press run, and what i got now is copy the files from target to

Posted by Siarhei Dudzin <si...@gmail.com>.