Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Thierry Kormann <Th...@sophia.inria.fr> on 2000/11/20 15:35:27 UTC

Re: [commit] memory management fix

> I have committed a modification for the memory leak fix,
> discussed with Thierry.  We not only explicitly dispose()
> the Renderer instance (solving a problem with persistent
> references, as listener instances), we also explicitly flush
> BufferedImage instances just before dereferencing them.

it's the JSVGCanvas to call bufferedImage.flush() ? Because it's its job to do
that and not the job of the renderer !

So, renderer.dispose() just removes the paint listener to the gvt root.
and the JSVGCanvas calls flush when a new buffered image is allocated and the
current one no longer used.

Thierry.

--
Thierry Kormann