Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Zoltan Haindrich <ki...@rxd.hu> on 2020/06/05 08:44:50 UTC

[DISCUSS] Disable ptest job

Hey all!

So far I've seen only 1 issue with the new system: there were 2 occurences in the last week when a build was affected by some kind a kubernetes issue which have taken down
an executor - the logs pointed to some kind of kubelet issue; since the GKE master have upgraded to 1.16 while the node pools were still running 1.15 it could have been the
cause of it. Yesterday I've upgraded all the node-pools.

Because I've seen that people now sometimes open both a PR and upload a patch to the jira as well; I would like to propose to disable the PTest job on builds.apache.org on
Monday.

Note: This will also unblock to apply the junit5 patch - and could open up the possibility to sometimes exclude a set of tests from execution - the total test execution
time is around 24 hours - from which 8 hours is spent running replication tests. Since most changes will touch replication stuff they could be made optional.

cheers,
Zoltan

Re: [DISCUSS] Disable ptest job

Posted by Zoltan Haindrich <ki...@rxd.hu>.
Hey All!

I've disabled the ptest job on builds.apache.org - please open PRs from now on.

cheers,
Zoltan

Posted by Jesus Camacho Rodriguez <jc...@apache.org>.
+1