Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2000/11/30 03:07:58 UTC

Re: org.apache.slide.content.ContentImpl.java

> >From what i can tell,
>
> public void store(SlideToken token, String strUri,
>                       NodeRevisionDescriptor revisionDescriptor,
>                       NodeRevisionContent revisionContent)
>
> should say
>
> Domain.info("Store not implemented");
>
> until such time as it is made to call the create method or we copy the
> right bits of code from there (sorry, i'm not ready to suggest a patch).

True.
The store method shouldn't be too hard to implement, but the thing is I may
actually get rid of that call; fork and merge are also unimplemented, and
they are the real thing ;)

Anyway, it doesn't need to be used right now, so I left it unimplemented,
and I'm using create all the time, because :
- The resource is not versioned, in which case the default revision is
always overwritten.
- The resource is versioned, and it's quite rare that you actually want to
modify an existing revision (you're supposed to create a new revision each
time you modify the resource, IMO). I put store(...) in for maximum
flexibility.

Remy