Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org> on 2013/07/06 21:19:54 UTC

[OTHER] proposal for creating a new sub project

Hi dev,

    I would like to work on implementing the SCIM[1] v2 protocol [2]
    and want to make it a sub project of ApacheDS.

    Please let me know your thoughts.

[1] http://www.simplecloud.info/
[2] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-scim-api-01

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Re: [OTHER] proposal for creating a new sub project

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
On 7 juil. 2013, at 07:45, Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 1:57 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Le 7/6/13 9:28 PM, Shawn McKinney a écrit :
> > On 07/06/2013 02:19 PM, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:
> >>     I would like to work on implementing the SCIM[1] v2 protocol [2]
> >>     and want to make it a sub project of ApacheDS.
> >>
> >>     Please let me know your thoughts.
> >>

> > Kiran,
> >
> > I am new to this list and not yet affiliated with ApacheDS but would
> > like to discuss joining you/others in a SCIM project.
>
> Kiran, +1.
>
> Shawn, you are very welcome.
>

> Ditto! I was not even aware of SCIM's existence. This would be a good addition to ApacheDS.

Same here, too.

Sounds like something really interesting to have.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>wrote:

> thanks everyone for the support, the new project is named "escimo"
> (probably can be stylized as eSCIMo ;)

I really like the ring to it ... like Eskimos. I hope it does not exist
already but just in case we should follow the same podling name search
guidelines recommended by the incubator just to be on the safe side [0].

----
[0] - http://incubator.apache.org/guides/names.html

--
Best Regards,
-- Alex

Re: [OTHER] proposal for creating a new sub project

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
thanks everyone for the support, the new project is named "escimo"
(probably can be stylized as eSCIMo ;)

here is the location of source repository
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/escimo

No source code is present yet, I will push some today

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 7/6/13 9:28 PM, Shawn McKinney a écrit :
> On 07/06/2013 02:19 PM, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:
>>     I would like to work on implementing the SCIM[1] v2 protocol [2]
>>     and want to make it a sub project of ApacheDS.
>>
>>     Please let me know your thoughts.
>>

> Kiran,
>
> I am new to this list and not yet affiliated with ApacheDS but would
> like to discuss joining you/others in a SCIM project.

Kiran, +1.

Shawn, you are very welcome.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [OTHER] proposal for creating a new sub project

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 12:58 AM, Shawn McKinney <mc...@att.net>wrote:

> On 07/06/2013 02:19 PM, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:
>
>>     I would like to work on implementing the SCIM[1] v2 protocol [2]
>>     and want to make it a sub project of ApacheDS.
>>
>>     Please let me know your thoughts.
>>

> Kiran,
>
> I am new to this list and not yet affiliated with ApacheDS but would like
> to discuss joining you/others in a SCIM project.
>
> Shawn,
   a warm welcome!, thanks for volunteering

Posted by Shawn McKinney <mc...@att.net>.