Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by burtonator <bu...@relativity.yi.org> on 2000/05/27 00:08:53 UTC

(ERROR) Javadoc can't build due to org.apache.cocoon.Defaults.

Ug.

-----------------------
[exec]
./content/cvs/xml-cocoon/HEAD/xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/Defaults.java:101:
Invalid character in input.
[exec]     public static final boolean VERBOSE = @verbose@;
[exec]                                           ^
[exec]
./content/cvs/xml-cocoon/HEAD/xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/Defaults.java:101:
Invalid character in input.
[exec]     public static final boolean VERBOSE = @verbose@;
[exec]                                                   ^
[exec]
./content/cvs/xml-cocoon/HEAD/xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/Defaults.java:102:
Invalid character in input.
[exec]     public static final boolean LOG = @log@;
[exec]                                       ^
[exec]
./content/cvs/xml-cocoon/HEAD/xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/Defaults.java:102:
Invalid character in input.
[exec]     public static final boolean LOG = @log@;
[exec]                                           ^
-----------------------

uh... instead of this can we just do:

public static final boolean LOG = Boolean.getBoolean( "@log@" );

it would be a hack but we could at least use Javadoc! :).  BTW this is
breaking Alexandria.  I assume you are having Ant cleanse this code but
I can't have Alexandria do this so....

Kevin

--
Kevin A Burton (burton@apache.org)
http://relativity.yi.org

Re: (ERROR) Javadoc can't build due to org.apache.cocoon.Defaults.

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
burtonator wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> <snip>
> > > -----------------------
> > >
> > > uh... instead of this can we just do:
> > >
> > > public static final boolean LOG = Boolean.getBoolean( "@log@" );
> >
> > We could change the tokens to something else that didn't use '@', would
> > it be ok for you?
>
> The problem IMO is that all parsers will break on this.  When I bring
> this into something like jEdit, it breaks because it can't be parsed.

Good point.

> The above will parse just fine.. (but it should be toBoolean( ) ).  It
> would result in a string comparison but that is acceptable.
>
> > > it would be a hack but we could at least use Javadoc! :).  BTW this is
> > > breaking Alexandria.  I assume you are having Ant cleanse this code but
> > > I can't have Alexandria do this so....
> >
> > I understand..
> >
> > What about
> >
> >  public static final boolean LOG = #log#;
> >
> > would this work?
>
> -1... it will just break again sometime in the future :)

Ok, you convinved me, let's do Boolean.getBoolean() then.

Anyone against this?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: (ERROR) Javadoc can't build due to org.apache.cocoon.Defaults.

Posted by burtonator <bu...@relativity.yi.org>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
<snip>
> > -----------------------
> >
> > uh... instead of this can we just do:
> >
> > public static final boolean LOG = Boolean.getBoolean( "@log@" );
>
> We could change the tokens to something else that didn't use '@', would
> it be ok for you?

The problem IMO is that all parsers will break on this.  When I bring
this into something like jEdit, it breaks because it can't be parsed.

The above will parse just fine.. (but it should be toBoolean( ) ).  It
would result in a string comparison but that is acceptable.

> > it would be a hack but we could at least use Javadoc! :).  BTW this is
> > breaking Alexandria.  I assume you are having Ant cleanse this code but
> > I can't have Alexandria do this so....
>
> I understand..
>
> What about
>
>  public static final boolean LOG = #log#;
>
> would this work?

-1... it will just break again sometime in the future :)

--
Kevin A Burton (burton@apache.org)
http://relativity.yi.org
I just patented "one click e-mail", when you hit the "reply" button you
own me 50 cents.

Re: (ERROR) Javadoc can't build due to org.apache.cocoon.Defaults.

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.