Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by vaneet sharma <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2006/10/11 13:53:39 UTC

Suggestions [Cactus + MVC + Html Browser]

Hello Everyone,

I have few suggestions .
Could be that this peice of work is possible or has been done by someone.

I have written cactus test case scripts. I use ANT to compile and using
browser to run the test cases.
 running test cases ( servlet test case ) via browser was 10 minute task and
easy

i encountered the problems while doing the following

 ideally, i wanted to compile and run cactus test cases using ANT. I wanted
to start tomcat 5.5 and generate html reports of cactus and also clover.
Ant tasks cactify war somehow was hanging and could not start tomcat. I
tried and searched on google but finally gave up the idea due to time
constraints.

After writing the desired test cases for my project, now i am thinking to
achieve the following

1) using browser, the user pass the request parameters from a form
2) the request parameters go to Servlet ( Controller ) which passes objects
to CactusTestCase and then run the test case
3) In this way, the dependency of hard coding request parameters can be
removed.

to achieve this, there are two paths i can take
1) writing MVC is easy, passing objects to servletTestCase will be easy.
Now, how do i run / instantiate servletTestCase from my ControllerServlet ?
Do i have to do servlet Chaining ? if yes, can you please provide me some
suggestions ?
2) or may be i just dont use cactus in this case OR may be i need to get
cactus source code , hack it a bit and use it for my own use ?

What do u suggest ??

good work. Cactus is good work.

Thanks and Regards
Vaneet

--
Vaneet Sharma
J2ee Application Developer/ Software Consultant