Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Erich Rueede <er...@yahoo.com> on 2007/06/12 17:16:28 UTC

DataObject against XSD validation

Hi,
I am referring to an earlier post about this topic
last year. The answer was that spec level 2.1 will
address the validation.
Is there now a way to call a deferred validate method
on a static SDO graph to find out whether it is valid
against the constraints defined in the associated XML
schema?
Thanks
Erich

Re: DataObject against XSD validation

Posted by Frank Budinsky <fr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Erich,

SDO 2.1 did not add a validation API to SDO. What it did add, was the
ability to access instanceProperties on metaobjects (Type and Property),
so that one could write an SDO-level validator. See section 3.5.6 of the
SDO spec:

http://osoa.org/download/attachments/36/Java-SDO-Spec-v2.1.0-FINAL.pdf?version=1

The 2.1 spec left it to an implementation to decide what, if any, XSD
facets are made available as instanceProperties, so there really is no
standard way to do validation in SDO 2.1. Validation, is however, one of
the major features planned for SDO 3.

In the meantime, we are considering adding an SDOUtil method to do this.
In fact, Kelvin was just discussing this on another thread this morning:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-tuscany-user/200706.mbox/%3c9deac9fd0706120818p12bc653cnd72572f4fb3e6e2b@mail.gmail.com%3e

Any input you have on the topic, would be most welcome.

Thanks,
Frank.