Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/15 10:25:22 UTC

addying support for upload to resource

Hi,

In our application we are heavily using web socket push (repainting web
wicket components via web-socket push). One problem we found is that in
some pages we have some uploads and those uploads can be very large, and
while they are happening the page is "frozen" and no new web socket
messages are received. Because of that, I have implemented a custom upload
to a wicket resource. In essence some adaptation of

https://github.com/martin-g/blogs/blob/master/file-upload/src/main/java/com/mycompany/fileupload/AbstractFileUploadResource.java

But I also had to adapt the upload progress bar in order to be able to
report progress upload. Would this be something interesting to have in
a "generic" way in Wicket itself?

--
Regards - Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro

Re: addying support for upload to resource

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
https://github.com/apache/wicket/pull/571

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Pavlovich <ma...@gmail.com>.