Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Richard Liang <ri...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/20 15:27:30 UTC

Proposal: Wrap ICU4J to implement java.text.DecimalFormat enhancement of Java 5.0

As mentioned in Java 5.0 "New Features":

The DecimalFormat class has been enhanced to format and parse BigDecimal
and BigInteger values without loss of precision. Formatting of such
values is enhanced automatically; parsing into BigDecimal needs to be
enabled using the setParseBigDecimal method.

As I know, ICU4J 3.4 has already support BigDecimal and BigInteger. And
ICU4J is special for internationalization. Shall we just wrap ICU4J 3.4
to implement the new enhancement? Or simply re-implement whole
DecimalFomat/NumberFormat by wrapping ICU4J's classes?

Any comments? Thanks a lot

--
Richard Liang
China Software Development Lab, IBM

Re: Proposal: Wrap ICU4J to implement java.text.DecimalFormat enhancement of Java 5.0

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
+1 (care to submit a patch?)

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.

Re: Proposal: Wrap ICU4J to implement java.text.DecimalFormat enhancement of Java 5.0

Posted by Paulex Yang <pa...@gmail.com>.
Richard,

--
Paulex Yang