Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/25 06:51:41 UTC

[BUILD] Some interesting logs from Velocity

Hi,

I see some interesting logs from Velocity during the build of trunks. Here
are a few lines:

INFO: Null reference [template 'LOG', line 35, column 13] : $Rev cannot be
resolved.

[WARNING] org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException:
reference : template = META-INF/NOTICE.vm [line 14,column 1] :
$project.organization.name is not a valid reference.

Are these normal, expected?

Thanks.

--
Ersin Er

R.A. and Ph.D Student at the Dept. of Computer Eng. in Hacettepe University
http://www.cs.hacettepe.edu.tr

Committer and PMC Member of The Apache Directory Project
http://directory.apache.org

Re: [BUILD] Some interesting logs from Velocity

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Aug 24, 2007, at 9:51 PM, Ersin Er wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I see some interesting logs from Velocity during the build of
> trunks. Here are a few lines:
>
> INFO: Null reference [template 'LOG', line 35, column 13] : $Rev
> cannot be resolved.

I'm not sure where these come from

> [WARNING] org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException:
> reference : template = META-INF/NOTICE.vm [line 14,column 1] :
> $project.organization.name is not a valid reference.

These come from the maven-remote-resources-plugin constructing the
NOTICE files.  I think they occur when an incomplete pom for a
dependency is encountered.  Uncorrected these result in incomplete
NOTICE files but I believe I have provided fixes for all of them in
the  src/main/appended-resources/supplemental-models.xml in apacheds,
daemon, and shared.

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ersin,

I also noticed those logs. I guess some pattern file has been modified
and a $Rev text has been introduced, or may be its one of our jar
upgrade which caused this little bump on the road.

We have to investigate it (however, it's an INFO, so it does not seems
to be serious).

On 8/25/07, Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I see some interesting logs from Velocity during the build of trunks. Here
> are a few lines:
>
> INFO: Null reference [template 'LOG', line 35, column 13] : $Rev cannot be
> resolved.
>
>  [WARNING]
> org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException:
> reference : template = META-INF/NOTICE.vm [line 14,column 1] :
> $project.organization.name is not a valid reference.
>
> Are these normal, expected?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Ersin Er
>
> R.A. and Ph.D Student at the Dept. of Computer Eng. in Hacettepe University
> http://www.cs.hacettepe.edu.tr
>
> Committer and PMC Member of The Apache Directory Project
> http://directory.apache.org

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com