Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vincent Stoessel <vi...@xaymaca.com> on 2002/10/25 20:30:01 UTC

a little javascript problem

Uh oh, it seems I can't use the 'id' attribute in html:* form elements.

I need to do this in a form element :
onClick="disableIt(document.getElementById("myID"))

but I cannot do this on the target form element.

because that violates the DTD, I guess.

Any workarounds?

--
Vincent Stoessel
Linux Systems Developer

Re: a little javascript problem

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
try styleId="myID" id is used for other things, as you've discovered ...

--
Eddie Bush

Re: a little javascript problem

Posted by Antoni Reus <an...@wanadoo.es>.
Hi,

A Divendres 25 Octubre 2002 20:30, Vincent Stoessel va escriure:
> Uh oh, it seems I can't use the 'id' attribute in html:* form elements.
>
> I need to do this in a form element :
> onClick="disableIt(document.getElementById("myID"))
>
> but I cannot do this on the target form element.

> because that violates the DTD, I guess.
>
> Any workarounds?

The elements of a Form (javascript) object can be accessed by name with
	theForm.elements["boo"]

Salut,

-- Antoni Reus