Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Adam Henderson Azudio <az...@hotmail.com> on 2007/01/21 16:25:30 UTC

JSON Response from DirectLink Help

Hi All,

Probably a simple answer to this but I'm lost; how do I get a JSON
response from a link? And once I've got a response how does it get
procesed;

ie: User clicks a link, ajax call is made, a JSON object is created
and returned, a method then fires to process the recieved JSON object.

Ive had a look at the Autocompleter and its just confused me.

I've got this far:

<a jwcid="@DirectLink" listener="listener:jsonTest" json="true"/>

public void jsonTest(IRequestCycle c){

	// err now what?

	// c.getResponseBuilder().getWriter() returns NullWriter

}

providing a json object gets back to the browser how does the
response get handled?

Many thanks,
Adam.