Posted to user@spark.apache.org by baki hayat <ba...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/03 18:46:50 UTC

Fwd: Stream compressed data from KafkaUtils.createDirectStream

Hello,

I really wonder that whether i can stream compressed data with using
KafkaUtils.createDirectStream(...) or not.

This is formal code that i use ;

JavaPairInputDStream<String, String> messages =
KafkaUtils.createStream(javaStreamingContext, zookeeperConfiguration,
groupName, topicMap, StorageLevel.MEMORY_AND_DISK_SER());

in this code i am consuming string message but in my case i need to
consume compressed data from stream then uncompress it.

Could you please asist me how i can go in right way ?

--
bhayat