Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Florian Müller <fl...@alfresco.com> on 2010/10/31 15:11:03 UTC

CMIS Workbench login templates

Hi all,

I've spent my weekend trying to connect OpenCMIS with SharePoint 2010.
The good news is that it is working with both CMIS bindings. The bad news is that the SharePoint 2010 CMIS Connector is not spec compliant. There are several operations that return errors when they shouldn't. Valid parameter combinations are rejected and a few property values are wrong. And on top of that the AtomPub binding and Web Services binding behave differently.
It is possible to get data in and out of SharePoint. It is not completely unusable but be prepared that it is more restrictive than the CMIS spec.

Anyway...

I have added a new drop-down box to the CMIS Workbench expert login tab. It provides predefined login templates for repositories. There are now templates for SharePoint and Alfresco. If you want to add your repository, send me your templates and I will add them. If you are committer, you can add templates yourself. Add them to resources/configs and register in resources/configs/config-library.properties .

Cheers,

Florian