Posted to users@flex.apache.org by MichaPooh <ra...@yahoo.fr> on 2014/10/29 15:27:26 UTC

Top level classes in apache asdocs

Hello

I can't find any top-level classes like Array, Math, RegExp etc. on the
online apache asdocs
(https://flex.apache.org/asdoc/)

Neither on the left side menu (all classes) nor in the index.
They seem to be not available on the apache flex asdocs.

I could fall back to the adobe asdocs (nothing have changed in these classes
since 4.7 I guess)
 but nowadays they load so slow that I don't want to.

Is there any reason that the top-level classes are not included?

Greetings
M.Pooh

Re: Top level classes in apache asdocs

Posted by Jeffry Houser <je...@dot-com-it.com>.
On 10/29/2014 2:38 PM, Alex Harui wrote:

> On 10/29/14, 7:27 AM, "MichaPooh" <ra...@yahoo.fr> wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> I can't find any top-level classes like Array, Math, RegExp etc. on the
>> online apache asdocs
>> (https://flex.apache.org/asdoc/)
>>
>> I could fall back to the adobe asdocs (nothing have changed in these
>> classes
>> since 4.7 I guess)
>> but nowadays they load so slow that I don't want to.
> Are the Adobe docs
> (http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/package
> -detail.html) always slow?

  Yes, started a couple of years ago.  It seems to be a problem for
ColdFusion documentation too.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur

Re: Top level classes in apache asdocs

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 10/29/14, 7:27 AM, "MichaPooh" <ra...@yahoo.fr> wrote:

>Hello
>
>I can't find any top-level classes like Array, Math, RegExp etc. on the
>online apache asdocs
>(https://flex.apache.org/asdoc/)
>
>I could fall back to the adobe asdocs (nothing have changed in these
>classes
>since 4.7 I guess)
> but nowadays they load so slow that I don't want to.

Are the Adobe docs
(http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/package
-detail.html) always slow?

>Is there any reason that the top-level classes are not included?

Well, yes.  Apache Flex doesn’t “own” the top-level and flash.*.* classes
so we don’t have the raw data to generate them.  We could use a volunteer
to figure out how to customize our ASDoc so there is a link to the Adobe
docs.

-Alex