Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Noel O'Brien <no...@newbay.com> on 2010/08/23 14:59:43 UTC

Re: RESTful API

Hi,

Please keep all JMeter communication on the mailing list.

REST is implemented on top of the HTTP so yes, JMeters HTTP Sampler can execute calls to a RST based API sever.

Regards,
Noel

----- "Priya Taide" <Pr...@bmc.com> wrote:

Hi Noel,

I am interested in working RESTful API using Jmeter but am unable to find any content for the same on the net.

Can you please guide if Jmeter supports RESTful API’s . If yes then how ?

I need to close on this early so would really appreciate if you reply back early.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Priya

RE: RESTful API

Posted by piranha <pi...@gmail.com>.
Ok no problem Priya. Are you able to performance test the REST Web Service
successfully?
Please explain me the steps you followed to test the REST service.

As of now, i successfully load tested GET method. Not sure, how to test post
method.

Thanks.

RE: RESTful API

Posted by "Taide, Priya" <Pr...@bmc.com>.
Hi Prinaha,

I did not develop any of the REST API's. My team has them created and I am just using them for performance testing.

Regards,
Priya

RE: RESTful API

Posted by "Taide, Priya" <Pr...@bmc.com>.
Hi Piranha,

Thanks for your reply.
I am trying to create the setup as you suggested.
Will get back to you if any issues.
Thanks again

Regards,
Priya