Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Busch Paul <Pa...@Cirquent.de> on 2009/01/26 11:32:40 UTC

XML namespace for xsdconfig files

Hi,

please accept my apologies if this comes as a double post. I tried to
post this question on Friday but it did not seem to get through...

I use an xsdconfig file to change the java package name for code
generated by XmlBeans (I use release 2.2.0). Currently I use the
namespace

http://www.bea.com/2002/09/xbean/config

for the xsdconfig. This is how it was stated in the FAQ at

http://wiki.apache.org/xmlbeans/XmlBeansFaq#configPackageName

I always wondered why there was no schema available to validate
xsdconfig files (at least I could not find one).
Yesterday, while browsing the source code for 2.2.0 I found a schema at

src/configschema/schema/xsdconfig.xsd

This schema defines the structure for an xsdconfig file, but in the
namespace

http://xml.apache.org/xmlbeans/2004/02/xbean/config

When I change my xsdconfigs from the bea to the apache namespace
generation still works. I just wonder which of the two is the "official"
namespace to use.

Best regards

Paul