Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Venkatesh <vr...@aol.com> on 2010/10/12 04:47:48 UTC

Increase region server throughput

 I would like to tune region server to increase throughput..On a 10 node cluster,
I'm getting 5 sec per put. (this is unbatched/unbuffered). Other than
region server handler count property is there anything else I can tune
to increase throughput? ( this operation i can't use buffered write without
code change)

thx
venkatesh

Re: Increase region server throughput

Posted by Venkatesh <vr...@aol.com>.
 Thanks St.Ack.

I've both those settings autoflush & writebuffer size.
I'll try the new HTable(conf, ..)..(I just have new HTable(table) now)

Right now upto 85% under 10ms..I'm trying to bring the mean down

PS: I can tolerate some loss of data for getting better throughput.

Posted by Sean Bigdatafun <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.