Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Stig Rasmussen <pe...@mail.dk> on 2004/12/21 13:29:05 UTC

SV: simple axis tests fail

Hi Hans

I spent several days with different errors and Exceptions trying to follow
the guide from axis-1_1\docs\install.html until I updated my axis from 1.1
to 1.2RC2. I know it doesn't solve all your problem, but i strongly
recommend it. I don't know why but somehow Tomcat 5.x and axis1.1 won't work
together very well...

regards Stig P.

Posted by Bill Keese <bi...@tech.beacon-it.co.jp>.
>2.i can't get the tcpmon running. when i enter a port number to listen to i
>get nullpointerexception from a
> awt-component.
>
>by the way which ports should i use for tcpmon and soapmonitor?

I've never used soapmonitor.  But I have used tcpmon.  My app server
(running axis) is on port 8080.  So I just startup tcpmon with no
arguments, then I enter:
  Listen port# = 8081
  Target port# = 8080

Then I modified my SOAP client to talk to port 8081 not 8080.

Re: SV: simple axis tests fail

Posted by Hans Rupp <ha...@t-online.de>.
Hi there

first of all thanks a lot for your answers.
i downloaded axis 1.2 and now it works. the install tests pass and i can
deploy services. but
i still have two problems:
1.i deployed soapmonitor and added it's handler to a service, but when want
to start the monitor
i get soapmonitorapplet not initialized.

2.i can't get the tcpmon running. when i enter a port number to listen to i
get nullpointerexception from a
 awt-component.

by the way which ports should i use for tcpmon and soapmonitor?

merry christmas and a happy new year to all

                                              hans