Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Pawlish, Steven" <St...@NAI.com> on 2000/03/02 22:59:49 UTC

problems with PKG on tomcat 3.0

I had some problems installing ASFtomcat.pkg.tar.Z.

1) I had a directory checksum error extracting the files from the tar file.
2) I wanted to be able to install it in another location than /opt/tomcat,
which I was unable to do.
3) When I did install it, it whined about not being able to find
/opt/tomcat/webserver.jar and
/opt/tomcat/webpages/index.html (and some other files).
4)  I got alot of warnings about "attribute verification of
</opt/tomcat/every/file/under/this/dir> failed
	owner <costin> not found in passwd table(s).

I guessing #3 is related to #1.  #4 is probably related to a pkgmap error.

For now, I guess I will download the source directly, but I thought I would
let you know about
these problems.

Thanks,
Steve Pawlish