Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Renz Daluz <re...@gmx.net> on 2001/11/07 04:25:13 UTC

Tomcat and Apache

Hi,

This is just my first time to install apache wih tomcat but to documentation
is very hard to understand. Can somebody help my in configuring my apache to
use tomcat. Step by step please :(.

here are some details that I have.

jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1.tar.gz
apache_1.3.22.tar.gz

when extracting this two files. I can't find my mod_jk (this is want I want
to use).

Are this files enough?

Thanks in advance.

BR
/Renz

Re: Tomcat and Apache

Posted by Mika Goeckel <mi...@stepstone.de>.
Hi.

Apache.... are you trying to install on Solaris?
The speciality of the Solaris binary Apache install is, that it has not
compiled the dynamic modules loading.
You need to get a source distribution and compile it yourself, take care to
either link mod_jk in statically or the dynamic module loading.

Cheers, Mika

Posted by Renz Daluz <re...@gmx.net>.

Re: Tomcat and Apache