Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marcelo Fukushima <ta...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/09 16:24:23 UTC

starting with JNDI

Hello guys... its gonna sound really stupid, but i cant seen to
configure JNDI to work (either global and context bound)...

im getting this exception, wich sugested that something was wrong,
maybe in the server.xml sintax or something, but even the tomcat
manager cant make it work:

Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'

im running out of ideas so if anyone can help me out, id apreciate it
very much...
thanks in advance...

--
[]'s
Marcelo Takeshi Fukushima

Re: starting with JNDI

Posted by Marcelo Fukushima <ta...@gmail.com>.
actually, i could solve it without the context.xml, just adding the
<ResouceLink> tag, linking the global resource to the local
definition...

--
[]'s
Marcelo Takeshi Fukushima

Re: starting with JNDI

Posted by Marcelo Fukushima <ta...@gmail.com>.
oh sorry... im using 5.5, tough hans solved my problems, but thanks
for listening...
On 2/9/06, Glen Mazza <gr...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Perhaps best to give the version of Tomcat you're using.
>
> Glen
>
> Marcelo Fukushima wrote:
> > Hello guys... its gonna sound really stupid, but i cant seen to
> > configure JNDI to work (either global and context bound)...
> >
> > im getting this exception, wich sugested that something was wrong,
> > maybe in the server.xml sintax or something, but even the tomcat
> > manager cant make it work:
> >
> > Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'
> >
> > im running out of ideas so if anyone can help me out, id apreciate it
> > very much...
> > thanks in advance...
> >
> > --
> > []'s
> > Marcelo Takeshi Fukushima

[]'s
Marcelo Takeshi Fukushima

Re: starting with JNDI

Posted by Glen Mazza <gr...@verizon.net>.

Re: starting with JNDI

Posted by Hans Sowa <ha...@gmail.com>.
;O)

Yeah, this is missing in the documentation. I needed two hours to solve this
whole problem. Hopefully you didn't waste so much time.

You could also add this context.xml to a certain folder in Tomcat. I don't
know which one at the moement but it seems there is a problem if you do this
so it seems the WEB-INF is the best place for it.

2006/2/9, Marcelo Fukushima <ta...@gmail.com>:

> thanks man!
> #1 solved my problem quite right... tough, i couldnt find the
> context.xml in the documentation whatsoever....
>

> On 2/9/06, Hans Sowa <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I hope I had the same problem ;O)
> >
> > My server.xml was correct but I did following steps to solve this
> problem:
> > 1. I created a context.xml in my META-INF Folder. With this content:
> > <Context path="/xxxxContextNamexxxx" docBase="xxxxContextNamexxxx"
> >         debug="1" reloadable="true">
> >     <ResourceLink name="xxxblablbaxxxx" global="xxxblablaxxxx"
> >                               type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
> >   <ResourceLink name="xxxblablba2xxxx" global="xxxblablba2xxxx"
> >                               type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
> > </Context>
> > 2.I guess you have a correct web.xml but anyway:
> > In the web.xml you need this lines.
> > <resource-ref>
> >         <description>xxxblablbaxxxxOracle Datasource</description>
> >         <res-ref-name>xxxblablbaxxxx</res-ref-name>
> >         <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
> >         <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
> >     </resource-ref>
> >     <resource-ref>
> >         <description>xxxblablba2xxxx Oracle Datasource</description>
> >         <res-ref-name>xxxblablba2xxxx</res-ref-name>
> >         <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
> >         <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
> >     </resource-ref>
> >

> > The String marked with xxx xxx has to be changed of course but this
> should
> > solve your problem.
> > My problem was that the context.xml was missing.
> >
> > Hope this will help.
> >
> > best regards Hans
> >
> > 2006/2/9, Marcelo Fukushima <ta...@gmail.com>:
> > >
> > > Hello guys... its gonna sound really stupid, but i cant seen to
> > > configure JNDI to work (either global and context bound)...
> > >
> > > im getting this exception, wich sugested that something was wrong,
> > > maybe in the server.xml sintax or something, but even the tomcat
> > > manager cant make it work:
> > >
> > > Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'
> > >
> > > im running out of ideas so if anyone can help me out, id apreciate it
> > > very much...
> > > thanks in advance...
> > >
> > > --
> > > []'s
> > > Marcelo Takeshi Fukushima

> > --
> > mfg Hans Sowa
> > mailto:hanssowa@gmail.com
> >

> --
> []'s
> Marcelo Takeshi Fukushima

mfg Hans Sowa
mailto:hanssowa@gmail.com

Re: starting with JNDI

Posted by Marcelo Fukushima <ta...@gmail.com>.
thanks man!
#1 solved my problem quite right... tough, i couldnt find the

--
[]'s
Marcelo Takeshi Fukushima

Re: starting with JNDI

Posted by Hans Sowa <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I hope I had the same problem ;O)

My server.xml was correct but I did following steps to solve this problem:
1. I created a context.xml in my META-INF Folder. With this content:
<Context path="/xxxxContextNamexxxx" docBase="xxxxContextNamexxxx"
        debug="1" reloadable="true">
    <ResourceLink name="xxxblablbaxxxx" global="xxxblablaxxxx"
                              type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
  <ResourceLink name="xxxblablba2xxxx" global="xxxblablba2xxxx"
                              type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
</Context>
2.I guess you have a correct web.xml but anyway:
In the web.xml you need this lines.
<resource-ref>
        <description>xxxblablbaxxxxOracle Datasource</description>
        <res-ref-name>xxxblablbaxxxx</res-ref-name>
        <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
    </resource-ref>
    <resource-ref>
        <description>xxxblablba2xxxx Oracle Datasource</description>
        <res-ref-name>xxxblablba2xxxx</res-ref-name>
        <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
    </resource-ref>

The String marked with xxx xxx has to be changed of course but this should
solve your problem.
My problem was that the context.xml was missing.

Hope this will help.

best regards Hans

2006/2/9, Marcelo Fukushima <ta...@gmail.com>:

> Hello guys... its gonna sound really stupid, but i cant seen to
> configure JNDI to work (either global and context bound)...
>
> im getting this exception, wich sugested that something was wrong,
> maybe in the server.xml sintax or something, but even the tomcat
> manager cant make it work:
>
> Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'
>
> im running out of ideas so if anyone can help me out, id apreciate it
> very much...
> thanks in advance...
>
> --
> []'s