Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Guy Katz <gk...@allot.com> on 2007/07/24 10:31:23 UTC

enabling only one blog per user and have global admin delete/edit any blog

Hi (using 2.3);
As a global admin, I need to control creation/editing other users' blogs
and limit the blog authors to one blog only (disabling the ability to
create mpre than one blog). Is there a way to achieve this?

I sent a similar question some time ago and got an answer(see below) but
while taking a deeper look at that answer, it not what I was looking
for.
By disabling groupblogging I remove my ability as a global admin to
delete any blog I want or edit it (how do you delete blogs in this mode
anyway - I could not find how).

Posted by Guy Katz <gk...@allot.com>.
Hi and thanks for the reply;
The URL hack worked for editing blog entries of other people's blogs.
However, when groupblogging.enabled=false, I cannot find a way to delete
other peoples blog (or admin's). The 'delete blog' option is not present
in this mode. I tried using groupblogging.enabled=true to see if the
delete process can be hacked by using a URL but it looks like an HTTP
post so I don't know how to do it.
Any suggestions?

P.S: regarding the blog list. As a user (admin or regular) I can see
only that user's blogs on the blog list.

> As a global admin, I need to control creation/editing other users'
blogs
> and limit the blog authors to one blog only (disabling the ability to
> create mpre than one blog). Is there a way to achieve this?
>
> I sent a similar question some time ago and got an answer(see below)
but
> while taking a deeper look at that answer, it not what I was looking
> for.
> By disabling groupblogging I remove my ability as a global admin to
> delete any blog I want or edit it (how do you delete blogs in this
mode
> anyway - I could not find how).

What do you mean? When you use the User Admin page you no longer see a
list of the users blogs?

If that's the case then another way to edit a blog is to enter the
right URL. For example, edit your blog, then change the URL in the
address bar to use the handle of the blog you wish to edit instead of
your blog. Then you'll be in the target blog and able to edit it and
even delete it via the Website Settings page.

- Dave

Of

Posted by Guy Katz <gk...@allot.com>.
Hi;