Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Louwris, Wessel" <we...@satama.com> on 2004/02/03 17:37:47 UTC

jmeter + jdbc + postgresql

I'm doing a test with Jmeter  (1.9.1 on Windows XP) and postgresql
(7.4.1 on Debian) and JDBC (postgresql-jdbc3-7.4.jar).

With 100 threads and loop count 20 and a pool of 100 connections
(10 times reused) I sometimes get the following error after a short
while in the jmeter.log:

02/03/2004 4:23:28 PM WARN  - jmeter.protocol.jdbc: DBConnectionManager:
Lost a connection connection='org.postgresql.jdbc3.Jdbc3Connection@4ab8f0

After that all threads seem to hang.

(Ultimately I want to do a test to compare mysql/postgres/maxdb/hsqldb
and some others for an application we are building, so I might post some
more postings (like mysql+pooling jdbc driver which is not working now),
and results if someone is interested.)

Anyideas?

Thanks,Wessel