Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/14 02:21:39 UTC

Trafodion On-boarding page (in wiki)

Hi all,

I have done a first pass at the above mentioned page. It is now available.
See https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/On-Boarding.

Please review, and if anything is missing or should change please discuss
it in this ml to build consensus.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Re: Trafodion On-boarding page (in wiki)

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Amanda, all,

It isn't required for contributing comments and questions to the mailing
lists and JIRA issues. It is just to showing that one goes the extra step.
Prior to be asked (when being invited to become a privileged contributor).
Some might call this quibbling over semantics.

So don't worry. It will not place an extra hurdle on community building. I
haven't seen it experienced as such in other ASF projects.
That's is why it is optional. But if not done, contributions (those of the
code patches,  and wiki changes kind) need to be scrutinised more by those
who monitor license impact.

Hypothetically, without a iCLA a contributor could say: look you, you said
the issue related to version a.b and I submitted my patch for that, but you
have applied it to a.c. as well and I didn't give you permission for
that...

Posted by Amanda Moran <am...@esgyn.com>.
Hi there All-

wrote:

> [...]
> for a
> > > contributor. I suppose an ICLA is always good to file though for the
> > > reasons listed at http://www.apache.org/licenses/.
> > >
> > > In order to make the initial contribution as easy as possible I have
> been
> > > adding folks as contributors if they satisfied either item a) or b)
> > above.
> > >
> > > I would like to propose that all we require of a new contributor is
> that
> > > they have a JIRA id so that they can create an issue or have an issue
> > > assigned to them. Beyond that if the individual satisfies any of the
> > items
> > > listed above (a complete list to be decided by us) then they can be
> added
> > > as a contributor in the wiki and JIRA by any one of the admins.

Amanda Moran

Re: Trafodion On-boarding page (in wiki)

Posted by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Suresh, All,