Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Baker <jb...@teamenergy.com> on 2001/08/20 18:09:32 UTC

Re: http vs https And Windows

On Monday 20 August 2001 14:11 pm, you wrote:
> I followed the SSL-How-2 and Still could NOT get "/examples" to load via
> the SSL link?

Read it again? :-)

I can happily make SSL work, but only on Linux. I have created the .keystore
in Win2k, but of course, when I start tomcat the batch window scrolls past me
and closes - so I dont get to see the error. I think I just haven't got a
.keystore in the correct place.

Oh, as well as me asking where the keystore should go, how the hell do I stop
that stupid dos box window scrolling past me (catalina.bat creates a new java
process, which creates a new dos box)? It's driving me insane. I don't
understand how people develop on win2k!

Another one of my favourites with win2k is how the lack of any obvious way of
setting the working directory if you start tomcat as a service. I know a
working directory can be set by the workDir on the context in the server.xml
file, yet it seems to totally ignore this and still look in
c:\winnt\system32.  :)

--
John Baker, BSc CS.
Java Developer, TEAM Slb. (http://www.teamenergy.com)